MIWC 2019 Conference Research Poster Competition
Water is not only necessary for human survival but a critical input into our food, manufacturing, and energy systems. It also sustains the ecosystems and climates upon which both our built and natural world rely. We are putting more pressure on freshwater resources than ever. Between a rapidly growing population and a shifting climate, water stress is increasing around the world.
MIWC 2019 Conference Research Poster Competition provides university students a platform for research institutions to showcase their research and innovations for water sector uptake. The aim is to accelerate & promote academia industry linkages for future R&D and Commercialization of research findings and innovations.
- Theme: Research & Innovations for Water 4.0 and Sustainable Water Services.
- Date: 1st to 3rd Oct 2019
- Organizers: Malaysian Water Association & PROTEMP Exhibitions and Conferences Sdn Bhd
- Venue: MIWC2019 Exhibition Hall, MITEC, Kuala Lumpur
a. Entries are open to Public Universities & Private Universities
b. Participants must take part in the conference to eligible for Poster Competition.
- Winner will be awarded with Certificate and Trophy
- Voting by: Panel of Judges & Conference Delegates.
- Judging Date : 2 October 2019 (Day 2)
- Eligibility: Research related to Water Resource, Water Treatment & Supply, Wastewater Collection and Treatment and Reclamations. Preferably ICT & SDG related innovations. Submission by Students must be accompanied by letter of submission acknowledge/approved by lecturers/head of research facility.
- Closing Date to submit entry 2 Sep 2019
- All participant must take part in Conference to eligible for the Poster Competition.
- On the day of Competition Presenters to contact the Poster Counter staff (from PROTEMP Exhibitions and Conferences Sdn Bhd) for mounting and dismantle posters at the following designated times:
(i) Mounting: 0730 – 0830, 30 September 2019
(ii) Dismantling: 1630 – 1730, 3 October 2019
- The organisers will not be held responsible for any lost or damaged posters.
- Presenters are encouraged to be available to discuss and present their posters during the designated poster evaluation times on 2 October 2019
- Dimensions: 90cm (width) and 120cm (length) (size to be confirmed) (Velcro tape or double-sided tape will be provided for mounting the posters on designated boards. Please refrain from using any pushpins that might damage the poster panel boards.
- Language: English Title: The title should be in Arial font-type size of 96 points and BOLD in capital letters indicating the poster/abstract title.
- The author(s) and institution should be an Arial font-type size of 80 points. Text Lettering : Lettering for text and illustrations must be at least in Arial font-type size of 38 points
- Section : Each section should be numbered with text in Arial font-type size of 48 points to guide the reader through your poster
- Introduction: Your poster should include three to five brief sentences outlining information necessary to understand the study, and why it was done. The research question(s) or the hypotheses to be tested should be clearly stated. Methods: Outline your methods briefly, providing only details for new methods, or modifications of other methods.
- Results: Results presented in the form of a graph or chart are always more effective than lots of text. Provide a legend for symbols and other details, and interpretation of results below figures or tables.
- Discussion and Conclusion: State the conclusion clearly. Highlight clear application for industry improvements and benefits.
Phone: +60 3 6140 6666
Whatsapp: +6012 3217345