PANTAI 2 REGIONAL SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANT (RSTP) KUALA LUMPUR
Under the 10th Malaysia Plan, the large aerated lagoon sewage treatment plant in Pantai Dalam was upgraded and converted into a state of the art mechanized underground regional sewage treatment plant (RSTP) with public amenities. The plant known as Pantai 2 RSTP has an ultimate design capacity of 1.423 million population equivalent or 320 MLD of treated effluent. It is located in the Pantai Catchment which is the largest of eight catchment within the city of Kuala Lumpur. The Pantai catchment covers an area of over 6,700 ha that includes the central and south-western parts of Kuala Lumpur.
The construction of the Pantai 2 RSTP started in July 2011 and was completed in July 2015. The main sewage treatment plant is built below ground level whilst the sludge treatment facility is above the ground level, over 17 ha of land area which also includes an above ground recreational park and amenities. Pantai 2 RSTP utilizes the Advanced Anaerobic-Anoxic-Oxic (A2O) process that is effective in removing nitrogen and phosphorus in the wastewater compared to the conventional treatment system. The plant is designed for Standard A effluent discharge quality as prescribed in the Environmental Quality (Sewage) Regulations 2009.
The facility has been designed to maximize green energy recovery through the installation of solar panels and biogas utilization. The plant also has rainwater harvesting and final effluent reuse for non-potable use.
Conference delegates interested in transforming wastewater utility to a greener and community friendly facility can visit P2RSTP to get a first-hand experience.
Hosted by Pengurusan Aset Air Berhad (PAAB)
LANGAT 2 WTP AND WATER RETICULATION
The water supply situation in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur is expected to reach critical levels with water demand envisaged to exceed supply as early as 2008.
To treat raw water obtained from Pahang – Selangor Interstate Transfer and distribute it within Selangor and Kuala Lumpur as required to meet with the water demand areas, particularly Hulu Langat, Ampang, AU3, Kuala Lumpur, Cheras, Sg. Besi, Bukit Jalil, Petaling and Puchong areas.
The Langat 2 Project is for the water treatment and distribution facilities for water transferred from the Pahang-Selangor Raw Water Transfer (PSRWT) Project for an ultimate nominal treated water output capacity of 2260 Mld.
LRAL2 will be the largest Water Supply Scheme in Malaysia supplying 2260 MLD of treated water.It will be carried out through two (2) Phases, namely Phase 1 and Phase 2 with each phase capable of treating and distributing 1130 MLD of water to the targeted demand centres.The current construction is mainly for the Langat 2 Water Supply Scheme Phase 1 works.
Conference delegates interested interest in transforming wastewater utility to a greener and community friendly facility can visit P2RSTP to get a first-hand experience.
Hosted by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
Department of Irrigation and Drainage Malaysia
RIVER OF LIFE
ROL (River of Life) aims to transform the Klang River into a vibrant and livable waterfront with high economic value. This transformation is divided into three main components:
River Cleaning will be conducted along a 110 km stretch along the Klang River basin, covering the municipal areas of Majlis Perbandaran Selayang (MPS), Majlis Perbandaran Ampang Jaya (MPAJ) and Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (DBKL).
The goal is to bring the river from its current Class III – Class V water quality (not suitable for body-contact) to Class IIb (suitable for body-contact recreational usage) by the year 2020.
River master planning and beautification
To increase the economic viability of the area, master planning and beautification works will be carried out along a 10.7 km stretch along the Klang and Gombak River corridor. Significant landmarks in the area include Dataran Merdeka, Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad and Masjid Jamek.
The master planning and beautification works will spur economic investments into the areas immediately surrounding the river corridor. To catalyse development along the corridor, potential government land will be identified and tendered out to private developers through competitive bidding.
The Project site for the River of Life Public Outreach Programme (ROL-POP) covers the 10km stretch of Klang River representing about 40.4 km2 catchment area (from Klang Gates Dam to the confluence of Sg. Klang and Sg. Ampang). About 80% of the Project site lies within municipality area of Majlis Perbandaran Ampang Jaya (MPAJ) while the other 20% lies within the municipality area of Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur.
Conference delegates who are interested in water resources management will be shown the waterfront at the “convergence point” of Klang and Gombak rivers in the heart of the city of Kuala Lumpur that was named one the top 10 best waterfront in the world
Phone: +60 3 6140 6666
Whatsapp: +6012 3217345